Tuesday, 10 September 2019

REPORT: Vegan Activist Who ‘Rescued’ 16 Rabbits Killed Nearly 100 In The Process

A vegan activist  who tried to “rescue” 16 rabbits from a farm ended up causing the deaths of nearly 100 baby bunnies in the process, a news report says. 
The activist, who calls herself “Mythical Mia” on social media, went on a covert mission to save the bunnies from a farm near Osono, Spain, last Sunday, according to the Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia.
But five of the rabbits that were pregnant and due to birth soon were killed during the rescue mission. Several others suffered broken spines, the paper reports. On top of that, at least 14 of the rabbits saved were lactating, and their offspring — an estimated 90 bunnies — had to be euthanized, according to the paper.
A number of the rabbits that Mythical Mia, a Barcelona-based activist, took that day were said to have been pregnant or lactating. Their offspring included an estimated 90 bunnies, which had to be euthanized after being abandoned, according to La Vanguardia.
Some other pregnant bunnies were reportedly forced to have abortions after the chaotic rescue.
“Mythical Mia” — whose real name is unknown — last week claimed she was attacked by angry farmers after the attempted rescue.
“This is what has just happened to us, look, I’m documenting the whole thing,” the Barcelona-based activist on Instagram. “I’m covered in blood. This is what the farmers have done. They shot through our window and chased us down the motorway. Oh my God, I’m literally covered in blood.”

“Today we entered a rabbit farm and rescued 16 lives,” she says. “The farmer was extremely aggressive and attacked us, strangling activists and smashing their heads with metal poles. The police came and told us to leave peacefully, which we did. After we left the farmers chased us down the motorway at 200 km for an hour. We tried to lose them down a side road but they were on our tails. They blocked us into a dead end and surround the car with 5 other farmers’ cars. They were banging on the windows, shouting and threatening us. We called the police who arrived after an hour. They diffused the situation and escorted us to a ‘safe place.”

No comments:

Post a comment